Either you love it or you hate it. Top Ramen, the packaged noodle soup staple in many kitchens, is known for its high sodium content, as well as its less than savory nutritional reputation.
But…did you know that you can make a variety of homemade versions that are just as tasty and don’t contain the sodium and cholesterol levels that are found in its store-bought cousin? Fresh Harvest Food Bank has compiled a list of five recipes for homemade Top Ramen. Try them out and let us know which one is your favorite. When you find one that you can’t resist, pin it to our Pinterest board and share with the Fresh Harvest Food Bank community. Happy tasting!
- SuperHealthyKids.com offers a variety of healthy tips for active families. In addition to the Healthy Top Ramen, the site shows off its most recent kid favorite food “re-dos.”
- While the Rock Your Socks Off Ramen recipe may call for the purchase for the traditional ramen in a bag, it does discard the flavor packet in order to create a healthier alternative to the store-bought soup. WholesomeMommy.com offers tips on affordable wholesome living that any family member can be proud of!
- Got noodles, but need a new flavor to spice up your homemade ramen adventures? Try this Homemade Ramen Spice recipe from wannabite.com. It looks delish!
- This recipe for Healthy Ramen Noodle Soup from weelicious.com may use a bit more exotic ingredients, especially for its noodles, but the outcome on the video may be worth the trip to the store!
- Want to go all out? Then try this recipe for Marc’s Homemade Ramen Noodles from norecipes.com. The blog offers other tips on making simple dishes even better.